Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Support the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy to implement the new European Electronic Communications Code & Open Internet
Location – Europe (non-EU) — Albania
The Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy and Central Finance and Contracting Unit (CFCU) in the Ministry of Finance and Economy of Albania is inviting consulting firms/companies focused on telecommunication legal and regulatory aspects, to submit Expressions of Interest related to the implementation the new European Electronic Communications Code & Open Internet for IPA 2015 Action Program for Albania, 2015/038-715, to be implemented under indirect management from Central Finance and Contracting Unit in the Ministry of Finance and Economy in Albania.
The Contracting Authority will be the CFCU in Albania.
The Delegation of the European Union is not involved in the selection /evaluation/ award process but will only carry the ex-post control of the procedure.
Summary Background Information: This technical assistance will provide support for the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy and relevant regulatory bodies to align the legal and regulatory framework on electronic communications network and/or services with the newly established European Electronic Communications Code of EU (EECC) and provide capacity building for the staff of the Ministry/regulators that are relevant to the project. The overall objective of the project is to align the Albanian legislation with the Union acquis in the fields of Electronic Communications and open internet access, as part of Albania’s EU accession agenda.
Specific objectives are:
– To support the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy of Albania and relevant Regulatory Bodies and authorities to adopt and implement the appropriate legal and regulatory framework in line with Directive (EU) No 2018/1972 of the European Parliament and the Council of 11 December 2018 establishing the European Electronic Communications Code, as well as Regulation (EU) No 2015/2120 laying down measures concerning open internet access
– New legislation to be drafted in line with Directive (EU) No 2018/1972;
– The Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy and the relevant Regulatory Bodies of Albania are enabled in implementing the new legislation.
- – Capacity building for the staff of the Ministry/Authorities that are relevant to the project.
- – Further develop capacities of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy and AKEP and AMA in the implementation of new legislation based on EECC.
Minimum Requirements: Firms wishing to respond to this Expression of Interest will need to satisfy minimum requirements, along with presenting their qualifications and experience as requested below:
– The average annual turnover of the candidate over the past three years, for which the candidate’s account is closed, must exceed EUR 300,000.
– The candidate must have at least 2 staff currently working in the fields related to this contract and 1 staff working for the candidate in the fields related to this contract is permanent.
- – During the last 3 years up to submission deadline, the candidate has provided technical assistance services under at least 1 (one) project/contract with a budget of at least 250,000 EUR (only the proportion carried out by the candidate will be taken into account) pertaining to support to Public Institutions, Government Authority and/or regulatory bodies in the Telecommunication/Electronic Communication Market regulation in an EU member country, candidate and/or potential candidate country;
Final Time and Date for Submission of EOI’s:
All EOI’s must be submitted by email no later than July 17, 2019 at 16.00 pm local time to the addresses below:
Mrs. Viola Haxhiademi, Secretary General of the Ministry for Infrastructure and Energy/Head of IPA Unit
Mrs. Enkelejda Kokthi, General Director, CFCU, Albania
EOIs should contain the profile of the company where it is clearly evidenced the fulfillment of the minimum requirements stated above, names of projects, time frame of implementation, value of projects, turnover, number of staff etc.)
Only the pre-selected companies will be invited.